Template Fun. (Hint: those attending my Simply Digital Design Class will receive a nice assortment of these)!
Cottage Garden Digital Kit CM
Family Life Kit CM
Variety of Textures and Materials (photos of barn doors and painted wood textures).
- Add the Template and leave as is or fill with a paper or material.
- Shadow and then re-shadow - several times - to create a burnished effect. This effect adds lots of depth as shown in this layout. Creating a "shadow box" effect - There are also some secrets used here which add to this effect. I plan to add this fun technique in an upcoming Tutorial. OR if you are attending this months class you will learn this fun secret!
- Insert photo boxes where needed along with embellishments, papers and titles all where desired in their designated spaces based on the template design. Once you have added these pieces and sized them to the template shapes - hide them behind the template. Or simply hide as you go.
- To create the heart effect used in the photo (top right). Use the "Swirly" Freebie. Add it to you page and then copy and paste another. Now go to the "Arrange Ribbon" and use the "rotate" tools. Select the option that flips your element horizontally. Now place the two pieces together creating a heart (you may need to trim away some of the excess with your cutters in the "Cut and Fill Ribbon" to create and complete the heart).
- Now, to create the effect that the heart is hiding behind the photo - you will need to zoom up on your layout in order to view just the photo (as large as you can). Now, go to the "Cut and Fill Ribbon" Select the Custom Cutter and choose the curved lines. slowly click around the area you wish to cut away. I chose to "copy" the part I cut and then this way you can drag the cut portion of the photo over the heart and still have all the parts of the photo to play with (does that make sense :0)
- I then used the "Text Wrap" tool found in the "Insert Ribbon" to add the text inside the heart! Once again use your zoom slider (found at the very bottom left of your screen) to see just exactly what you are doing. Hint: right click on your text at any time to edit the points and this will perfect your wrap. the closer in you are the easier it is to achieve a very nice smooth finish!
- The I Love You title is from Cottage Garden - some beautiful Word Art in that CM kit!