Digital Expressions of Faith (CM)
Reminisce digital embellishments (CM)
Coffee stain from the Office Supplies Digital Embellishments (CM)
Ribbon (from Little Feet Digital Designs by Janet Carr)
CHECK her out and see all of Janets Beautiful stuff!
Papers are of my own design and an Old Book I played with in SBC (an image found online from a shared site L&T).
Many of the embellishments are from pieces I have created - clips, tags, brads etc... soon to be found here as freebies if they are not already!
How To Create:
- I first added the Denim in the background and placed the Distressed paper on top - underneath the book.
- CREATE a book like this yourself ... here's how: If you have an old book from days gone by just open it up and place it in your scanner - woila! You can cover the text simply by cutting out pieces & copying them - place the pieces over the text until you have erased all of the words (To make this appear smooth and finished simply cut out a piece without words (use a square a circle cutter) enlarge the chunk you have copied and use the soften edge filter to blend the sharp edges. copy and paste it all over the text until all you see is a blank page in your book!
- To give the photos an old vintage feel I added some distressed overlays on top of them and changed the color to Sepia shrunk them a little and placed over discreet areas.
- I blended the photo up in the top right corner with the soften edge filter (tip - once you have softened the photo - flatten and apply the filter again to wash it out even further.
- I also used the Color Ribbon and Warmed the photos up a bit to give them a more vintage feel.
- I added the black tab mat to several photos (found in the Format Ribbon under "frames" choose "select" and be sure the "Frames" option is visible rather than the "cutout" option)!
- This really was meant to look like a bunch of scattered pieces in a journal... so make it your own by adding clips, staples, distressed overlays scripty fonts etc!
- Feel Free to ask any questions!